Not long now until our 2018 Whissendine Craft and Produce show so we hope all your preparations are going well. Over the past months you have had hints and tips on the show and all the sections, but we wanted to point out some of the things that are new or a bit different this year.
- To save time on Saturday morning, you can register your entries on the Friday evening before the show in St Andrew’s Church from 4pm to 6pm. But don’t bring your exhibits until the Saturday morning.
- There is no given cake recipe in the baking section.
- We have a new section especially for home brewing.
- The craft section has been divided into two: hard materials e.g. wood, wicker and metal and soft materials e.g. knitting, quilts and lace
- In the photography section all photographs entered are to be of one size-7’’x5’’ (18x13cms).
Don’t forget to bring all your family and friends along when the show reopens after judging at 2pm and enjoy tea with delicious homemade cakes. After the prizes are awarded at 4.15pm, don’t rush off because some of the exhibits will be auctioned or sold.
Our final message is to say please read the schedule very very carefully and make sure your exhibits comply with the criteria as stated – this is what the judges will be using! All the information about the show and the schedule including the criteria specific for each section is on the Craft & Produce Show page on this website. There you will also find all the hints and tips about the different sections of the show previously published in the Whissendine Grapevine. But if you have any questions at all, contact Sarah (Whissendine 226) or David (Whissendine 008).
See you at the show!