Do you enjoy flowers? How about entering flowers or a flower arrangement in the craft and produce show in September?
Here are some hints and tips to help you to get the best from your flowers!
• Look at the brief very carefully and make sure you meet the criteria specified – if it says to use four flowers then that is what you should use
• Use the best examples of materials you have – foliage and flowers
• Find appropriate containers to show your exhibits at their best, or as requested in the brief
• Spend some time to consider how best to display your flowers or foliage to best advantage
• Give some thought to colour, texture, size and design and what you are trying to convey
• Use your imagination to show your style and flair
• Remember to put out your exhibit number
So now is the time to start thinking about the flowers you want to use, how you want to display them and what containers will work well.
Enjoy and have fun! I am sure you will all be fantastic!
For more information, visit the Craft & Produce Show page or contact Sarah (Whissendine 226) or David (Whissendine 008).