Each year in late June, Whissendine hosts Feast Week, an ancient custom with its origins in the Middle Ages that entails a week of activities for the village. Feast Week events in recent years have included a 6-mile run, a Feast Week extravaganza, the knockout, scarecrow contests and a fête on the village green. Whissendine FeastWeek committee would like to thank everyone that contributed to the planning of all the activities. A special thank you goes out to all those that have generously supported FeastWeek events. All funds raised and donations received are used to support the village.
SAVE THE DATE FOR FEAST WEEK 2019: SATURDAY 29th JUNE to SUNDAY 7th JULY.
If you are organising an event during Feast Week, please contact one of the Feast Week committee, before the end of April 2019, with details to ensure that it is included in the Feast Week programme that will be distributed around the village in the run up to Feast Week.
Graham Bysouth (Whissendine 226)
Chris & Yolanda Stevenson (Whissendine 233)
Ian & Linda Arnold (Whissendine 645)
Emma Studdert-Kennedy (Whissendine 381)
Dave Wragg (Whissendine 512)
Hayley Horn (Whissendine 055)
Feast Week 2019 (Saturday 29th June to Sunday 7th July)
Saturday 29th June
- Village Fete at the School from 11am to 3pm
- Grantham Big Band @ Village Hall from 7pm. Enjoy big band swing music and song. Ticket details TBC.
Sunday 30th June
- Open Gardens from 10am to 4pm
- Teas and snacks @Village Hall from 12-4pm
- Pig Racing and Duck Race @ White Lion Inn from 5pm
Monday 1st July
- Big Quiz @White Lion Inn from 7pm. £2.50 per person.
Tuesday 2nd July
- Classic Cars & Bikes @ Sports Club from 6:30pm. Come and see a fine collection of quality machines.
Wednesday 3rd July
- Whissendine’s Got Talent @ Village Hall. Come and show off your talent. Music, Dancing, Juggling – all ages are welcome. 6:30 – 8pm.
Thursday 4th July
- Tea and Cake at No. 2 Foxhill
Friday 5th July
- Brownies Sausage Sizzle @ The Green from 6.30pm. Enjoy a sizzling sausage whilst watching the runners go by.
- Whissendine 6ix Road Race from 7pm. Come and support your local hero.
Saturday 6th July
- Village Party @ the White Lion Inn including music from a lively ceilidh band. Ticket details TBC
Sunday 8th July
- Church Service @ St Andrew’s from 11am
- Fun Day @ Sports Club 10am. to 4pm.
Sports Club Ann Madison 07763 866287
Whissendine’s Got Talent Sue Archer 01664 500028
Afternoon Teas Liz Cumming Whissendine 525
Whissendine 6ix Race Ian Arnold Whissendine 645