Each year in late June, Whissendine hosts Feast Week, an ancient custom with its origins in the Middle Ages that entails a week of activities for the village. Feast Week events in recent years have included a 6-mile run, a Feast Week extravaganza, the knockout, scarecrow contests and a fête on the village green. Whissendine Feast Week committee would like to thank everyone that contributed to the planning of all the activities. A special thank you goes out to all those that have generously supported Feast Week events. All funds raised and donations received are used to support the village.
The FEAST WEEK 2019 committee:
Graham Bysouth (Whissendine 226)
Chris & Yolanda Stevenson (Whissendine 233)
Ian & Linda Arnold (Whissendine 645)
Emma Studdert-Kennedy (Whissendine 381)
Dave Wragg (Whissendine 512)
Hayley Horn (Whissendine 055)
Feast Week 2019 (Saturday 29th June to Sunday 7th July)
Full programme of events here.
Saturday 29th June
- Village Fete at the School from 11am to 3pm
- Bell Ringers Open Day @ St Andrew’s Church 3 to 5pm
- Grantham Big Band @ Village Hall from 7pm. Enjoy big band swing music and song. For ticket details see the event poster.
Sunday 30th June
- Open Gardens from 10am to 4pm
- Teas and snacks @Village Hall from 12-4pm
- Pet Service @ St Andrew’s Church from 4pm
- Pig Racing and Duck Race @ White Lion Inn from 5pm – see the event poster for more details
Monday 1st July
- Big Quiz @White Lion Inn from 7pm. £2.50 per person.
Tuesday 2nd July
- Classic Cars & Bikes @ Sports Club from 6:30pm. Come and see a fine collection of quality machines.
- Whissendine Church Flower Festival Fashion Show @ Village Hall from 7.30pm. £5 per person – see the event poster for more details.
Wednesday 3rd July
- Feast Week Ramble 10:30am from the bottom of Station Road (contact Dave Wragg for details)
- Whissendine’s Got Talent @ Village Hall. Come and show off your talent. Music, Dancing, Juggling – all ages are welcome. 6:30 – 8pm.
Thursday 4th July
- Whissendine Golf Society @ Stapleford Park from 1pm
- Tea and Cake at No. 2 Foxhill – see the event poster for more details.
- Gin Tasting @ Village Hall 7 to 9.30pm. Tickets £10 each
Friday 5th July
- WI Book Stall on the Green from 6.30pm
- Brownies Sausage Sizzle @ The Green from 6.30pm. Enjoy a sizzling sausage whilst watching the runners go by.
- Whissendine 6ix Road Race from 7pm. Come and support your local hero.
Saturday 6th July
- Puppets at the School in the afternoon
- Village Party @ the White Lion Inn including music from a lively ceilidh band. For ticket details and more see the event poster.
Sunday 7th July
- Church Service & Puppets @ St Andrew’s from 11am
- Fun Day @ Sports Club 10am. to 4pm.
Sports Club Ann Madison 07763 866287
Whissendine’s Got Talent Sue Archer 01664 500028
Afternoon Teas Liz Cumming Whissendine 525
Whissendine 6ix Race Ian Arnold Whissendine 645