Each year in late June, Whissendine hosts Feast Week, an ancient custom with its origins in the Middle Ages that entails a week of activities for the village. Feast Week events in recent years have included a 6-mile run, a Feast Week extravaganza, the knockout, scarecrow contests and a fête on the village green. Whissendine FeastWeek committee would like to thank everyone that contributed to the planning of all the activities. A special thank you goes out to all those that have generously supported FeastWeek events. All funds raised and donations received are used to support the village.
Feast Week 2018 (Saturday 30th June to Sunday 8th July 2018)
Saturday 30th June
• Beer Festival @White Lion from 7pm
• GranthamBig Band @ Village Hall 7pm – 11pm. Enjoy big band swing music and song. Tickets £11 each.
Sunday 1st July
• Teas and snacks @Village Hall from 1-5pm
• Garage Sale 2-5pm. Pick up a bargain in the village.
• Knobs & Knockers Family Treasure Hunt 1-5pm. Find the clues around the village. Entry £1 per sheet.
• Songs of Praise Service @St.Andrews Church from 5pm.
• Big Quiz @White Lion Inn from 7pm. £2.50 per person.
Monday 2nd July
• Pig Race @ The White Lion from 6pm. Who can be first to get the pig past the winning post? Entry @£1 each.
• Rutland Morris Men @ The White Lion Inn from 9pm. Traditional Morris dancing.
Tuesday 3rd July
• Sports Club BBQ & Bar plus Model Railway from 6:30pm.
• Archery Demonstration @ Sports Club from 6:30pm. The Lionheart Company of Bowmen showing their skills
• Classic Cars & Bikes @ Sports Club from 6:30pm. Come and see a fine collection of quality machines.
• W.I “Fashion Show” @Village Hall from 7.30pm. Pick up a bargain. £5 each inc glass of wine.
Wednesday 4th July
• Whissendine’s Got Talent @ Village Hall. Come and show off your talent. Music, Dancing, Juggling – all ages are welcome. 6:30 – 8pm.
Thursday 5th July
• Afternoon Teas @ The White Lodge. Enjoy a cuppa and a piece of cake! 2:30-4:30pm.
• Duck Race @ White Lion Inn. Buy some ducks and you could win £25 first prize. £2 each or 3 for £5. From 6pm.
• CANCELLED – Beer & Cider Tasting @ Village Hall.
Friday 6th July
• Brownies Sausage Sizzle @ The Green from 6.30pm. Enjoy a sizzling sausage whilst watching the runners go by.
• WI Book Sale on the Green from 7pm.
• Whissendine 6ix Road Race from 7pm. Come and support your local hero.
• Best Scarecrow award. The award for the best “Sports & Hobbies” scarecrow in the village.
Saturday 7th July
• For One Night Only @ White Lion 7-11pm. Featuring live music from Premier Cru. Food, Games, Raffle and a few surprises. Tickets @£10 each inc. a glass of bubbles.
Sunday 8th July
• Fun Day @ Sports Club 10am. to 4pm.. RAF Flypast, Model Railway, Dog Show, Bouncy Castle, BBQ and Bar.
Garage Sale Jean & David Penny Whissendine 008
Family Treasure Hunt Graham Bysouth Whissendine 226
Sports Club Ann Madison 07763 866287
WI Fashion Show Caroline Meakin Whissendine 447
Whissendine’s Got Talent Sue Archer 01664 500028
Afternoon Teas Liz Cumming Whissendine 525
Cider & Beer Tasting Ian Arnold Whissendine 645
WI Book Sale Caroline Meakin Whissendine 447
Scarecrow competition Emma Studdert-Kennedy Whissendine 381
Whissendine 6ix Race Ian Arnold Whissendine 645
For One Night Only Graham Bysouth Whissendine 226